Monday, August 5, 2013

My First Online Bible Study

I am SO excited about participating in my very first online Bible study with the ladies over at Proverbs 31 Ministries. The Bible study is based on Lisa Terkerst's book "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God." This is the first day and I have already been challenged by a technique for meditating and memorizing God's Word that I have known about before, just under a different name. The 'new' name I learned today is called 'verse mapping' and the info about this can be found here. We are working on Deuteronomy 6:5 today.

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might." (ESV)

So far I have circled the word, 'You' at the beginning of the verse realizing that this is a personal challenge for me to put into practice. 

The second word I circled is 'shall' (looks like I might circle EVERY word :-)) which is a helping verb meaning it is something that will happen in the future. The idea here is that it is a command to make sure you DO love God. It is intentional. I need to consciously think about and act on loving God and make it a priority, planning on it being a reality in my life.  

I will continue to work on this verse through the day and this week. I am excited about how God will work and change my own heart to be drawn closer to Him through this study. Thank you ladies at Proverbs 31! 



No comments:

Post a Comment