Monday, March 22, 2010

12 Weeks Along







Feeling better this week, I actually had 4 days in a row without nausea. But it didn't last as the weekend was a bit rough with the queasy feeling back again. But praising the Lord that baby is well as far as we know!

This week my cousin has been e-mailing me about some things for the baby, and she told me about a local babies and mommys re-sale called "Jack and Jill". So I went along to the re-sale and found some great bargains! I got a stroller (pushchair) and matching baby car seat for a great bargain! It was used, but very gently used. On Friday I painstakingly figured out how to get the cusion parts off the stroller and car seat frame, and put them in the wash. I then washed down the frames of both and let them all dry in the beautiful sunshine we had on Friday. My neighbor saw the items and asked if I was expecting. I was able to chat with him for a few mins and get to know them better. His wife works at a children's hospital TC Thompson, here in Chattanooga, and said if I ever needed any advise or help to just ask. I've been praying for a way to get to know my neighbors better so that was a great opportunity.
The stroller and car seat cleaned up beautifully! We are so blessed with the Lord's provision. I was also able to purchase some maternity clothes at very good prices too, so it was a very profitable day!

This week our little one is about the size of a lime, has fingernails, is developing more intestines, and is developing reflexes! It truly is amazing how God designed them to develop inside the womb! We truly are "fearfully and wonderfully made" by a great Creator designer!

I've been craving salty things and strong tastes, but I am still trying to eat as healthy as possible. Lots of fresh fruit and veg, and cheese! Stephen and I went out on a date Friday night as it was the first Friday I felt good in 3 months! I ate way too much food at the Italian restaurant, though, and suffered with stomach ache the rest of the evening...I need to watch my portions as the pregnant belly doesn't like a lot of food at one time.

I have been getting so excited about the baby coming. I've been looking at cribs (cots) and baby bedding on-line just to get an idea of what is out there and what to register for in the next couple of months. What exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment